Influencer marketing can offer an exceptional return on investment and here at Global Grasshopper we always strive to create and produce the highest quality and most sharable content possible. We have an excellent track record in working on very successful campaigns with clients ranging from smaller independent companies to prestigious household name brands, including a campaign which won a Travel Media Award.
Bloggers have an increasing influence – 33% of younger people now rely mostly on blogs before they make a purchase, compared to only 3% who look to TV, magazines and books. Also more than one-third of travellers have changed their plans in general after seeing a social media post, and more than half have changed hotel plans (Forbes).
Many of our posts also go viral attracting good quality links, high engagement and gaining high rankings in Google for continuous traffic, leads and visibility. Contact Becky for more detailed information.
Examples of native style advertorials we have produced for smaller, one off campaigns:
- 10 of the most beautiful places to visit in Myanmar – received over 23,000 views, 17,000 social media shares, 31 comments and now ranks at the top of Google for keywords “beautiful places Burma”, “beautiful places to visit Burma” and “beautiful Burma” among many others (client was Luminous Journeys).
- 12 of the most beautiful sailing destinations in Europe – over 14,000 views, 6,200 social media shares, 21 comments and now ranks at the top of Google for “beautiful sailing locations”, “beautiful places to sail” and “beautiful sailing destinations” among many others (client was Incrediblue).
- 8 unique things to do in Thailand – over 13,000 views, 331 social media shares, 19 comments and now ranks highly in Google for “unique things to do in Thailand” (client was AIS Traveller SIM).
- 10 of the most beautiful National Parks in North America – over 6,000 views, 320 social media shares, 20 comments and now ranks highly in Google images for related keywords (client was Insight Holidays).
Examples of content produced for larger campaigns:
- 10 reasons why Sabah is the ultimate honeymoon destination – this was part of a series of five posts produced by us for Royal Brunei and Sabah Tourist Board for the very successful iAmbassador #LoveSabah campaign. This post received over 6,000 views, 480 social media shares and 30 comments. It was also republished in the Epoch Times and was part of the campaign which won a Travel Media Award for content, was nominated for Travel Marketing News 2016 and the Shorty Media Awards 2016. The campaign as a whole (which included a small group of five top influencers, including us) was proven to increase Royal Brunei’s profits and also increase honeymoon package sales in Sabah, Borneo.
- Exploring Fraser Island: Australia’s most unique beauty spot – this was one of a series of four posts produced by us for the Queensland Tourist Board as part of their #ThisisQueensland campaign. This post received over 6,000 views, 2,000 social media shares and 34 comments and the photos were used as promotional material by the Queensland Tourist Board.
- A weekend in Dublin – without luggage! – this was a post produced for the high profile Moneysupermarket #MSMLostLuggage challenge campaign. It received over 4,000 views, 150 social media shares and 21 comments.
- Exploring Austria – culture and nature in affluent Vorarlberg – this was one of two posts produced for the Austrian Tourist Board as part of the #roundtripAustria Captivate campaign. It received over 4,500 views, 225 social media shares and the photography was used as promotional material by Visit Austria. The set of these images used by Visit Austria on their Facebook page received 4,200 likes, 260 shares and 81 comments.
- Exploring Utrecht, Holland – more than just a mini Amsterdam? – this one of two posts produced for Stayokay Utrecht for their #Stayokaysleepover campaign it received more than 7,000 views, 911 social media shares and 29 comments.
What our clients say about us..
“Becky and her team are extremely pleasant and professional to work with and the quality of the writing and photography they produce shows they are at the top of their game. They are easily one of the best blogs in travel and always offer excellent ROI” Lynsey Devon (Owner and Founder of Heaven Publicity)
“A true professional, Becky and her team really know how to capture the reader’s imagination with engaging insight into the destination accompanied with beautiful photography. Covering unique angles and producing exceptional social media and articles on campaigns, she is always a pleasure to work with and I cannot recommend her enough!” Emily Wilson (Senior Account Manager at Grifco PR)
“Lee Hubbard from Global Grasshopper was one of our 24 international bloggers who worked with us on our Stayokay Utrecht – Centrum launch event campaign. It was a real pleasure to work with Lee, he is a very professional blogger who was able to pin point exactly our focus points in both his social media posts and online article. The pictures were perfectly chosen and he delivered an excellent ‘inside story’ of his experience in Utrecht.” Kim Querfurth (PR and communication manager at Stayokay Netherlands)
Who is our audience?
- Aged mostly 18-45
- Approximately 60% female 40% male
- Mostly college educated.
- The majority of our traffic comes from the UK, then USA, Canada, Australia, Europe and Asia.
- Mainly independent travellers and ‘thinking’ holiday makers looking to spend a wide variety of budgets when they travel.
How we can work with you
We offer a large number of creative ways of working with your brand, these include…
- Native style SEO targeted advertorials created for maximum ‘sharability’ and high rankings in Google.
- Sponsored reviews, trips, giveaways and competitions designed to be highly engaging with the aim of offering your brand excellent ROI.
- Brand ambassadorship. We can help to reach out to your target audience by putting a face to your brand.
- Content creation and/or social media boost for your company website or publication.
- Banners, videos and widgets placed either in our high traffic posts or on our side bar.
- Our very popular brand campaigns consisting of engaging real time social media, highly sharable blog posts with high quality photography and video footage. We now have a very talented professional videographer on our team who has worked with the BBC, Sky and London Fashion Week who can work to produce excellent video content as part of our campaign packages. Examples of his videos include:
We are also open to collaboration ideas, contact Becky to discuss further.
Why advertise with us?
- We get an average of 132,000 page views a month
- Ranked as No.5 UK Travel Blog on the industry respected Vuelio list.
- A Klout Score of 63.
- Over 24,200 Twitter followers.
- Over 59,400 Facebook likes.
- Over 3,500 regular readers through our RSS feed.
- Over 6,100 Instagram followers.
- In nearly 2,000 Google Plus circles.
- Nearly 5,100 Pinterest followers.
- We’re a Google Page Rank 5
- Proud members of the travel digital media group Captivate.
- Our domain is over eight years old.
- We rank at the top of Google for hundreds of important travel related keywords.
- We often gain huge amounts of traffic through StumbleUpon and several of our posts have been viewed over a million times.
- We were part of a small team of influential travel bloggers who worked with both Sabah Tourist Board and Royal Brunei Airlines on an iAmbassador campaign which achieved a very impressive return on investment. As a direct result of the campaign we collectively increased Royal Brunei’s profits and dramatically increased (compared to the year before) honeymoon package sales in Sabah, Borneo.
- We can prove continuous and impressive above average sales conversions on our site for our affiliate partners. We even rank as one of the highest earning affiliate partners in the UK for HotelsCombined.
Awards, nominations and accolades
- We were part of the team who produced the Love Sabah campaign which won the award for the “Travel Media Innovative Campaign and Content of the Year” at the prestigious Travel Media Awards 2015.
- The Love Sabah campaign was also nominated in the Travel Marketing News 2016
- Listed on 121 Travel Blogs worth reading on Yahoo voices
- Named as one of the Top 15 UK travel blogs to watch out for in 2015 by Yahoo Style
- Ranked as one of the Top 18 travel blogs you must read by Wanderlust magazine
- Mentioned as the 5 lifestyle blogs to follow in 2017 by Lifehack
- Won the travel blog category in the Achica Living Blog Awards 2012
- Nominated for Travel Blogger of the Year Award 2015
- Nominated for the LowCostHolidays Blog Awards 2014
- Nominated for best photo blog in SkyScanner’s travel blogscars 2013.
- Nominated for best piece of photojournalism in the Caribbean Travel Journalism Awards 2013
- TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Adventure Travel Bloggers to follow in 2015
- TripAdvisor’s Home Rentals Top Outdoor Travel Bloggers to follow in 2015
- One of Trip Advisor’s featured blogger in their travel must have article.
- Queensland Tourist Board’s Travel Blogs to follow in 2016
- Wanderu’s Summer Bookmarks Travel Blog Award Winner 2015
- One of the Flight Case Company’s Top 20 Hottest Travel Blogs of 2015
- Asked to speak at Traverse Blogger’s Event 2014.
- Mentioned as one of the 10 must-read travel bloggers of 2013 by HomeAway
- Listed as Trip Advisor’s Holiday Lettings Top 20 Urban Travel Bloggers 2014.
- Asked to judge a successful and high profile LowCostHolidays travel blogging competition.
- Nominated for Photography in the HostelBookers Travel Blogger Awards Ceremony 2012
- Featured in the British Airways HighLife magazine in their Ultimate year-round travel guide.
- Published in the Exodus 40th Anniversary Magazine.
- Published in the Epoch Times.
- Asked to write hotel reviews for the Laterooms.com successful 52 Sleeps book which was also published into printed books by Lonely Planet and distributed to all their readers.
- Approached to feature in Zalando’s Travel section.
- Worked with prestigious production company Media Ark to develop a video campaign for a US Tourist Board.
- Asked to judge a popular Netflights travel photographic competition.
- Asked our opinion on Brexit for GoCompare.com magazine.
- Chosen as one of the Top 10 Travel Bloggers by Hotels4u.com
- Voted by readers of GotSaga.com as Europe’s 3rd best travel blog
- Asked to collaborate with Holiday Lettings on their popular travel quiz
- Invited to interview BBC travel presenter and best selling author Simon Reeve.
- One of WebUpon’s 15 Useful and Awesome websites that will improve your life
- Were LowCostHolidays Travel Bloggers of the Month
- Mentioned by Travelsupermarket.com as a Useful and Informative Travel Resource
- Selected by TravelInsurance.org as one of the 51 Fantastic European Travel Blogs
- Named as TVtrip’s favourite Travel Bloggers
- Listed as one of the 6 best travel blogs by Classic Collection Holidays
- Made Tourism Link’s Top 10 Travel Blogs
- Interviewed by Income Society
- Interviewed by Hotelscheap.org
- Featured on HostelBookers 69 Travel Blogging Tips from the Top Travel Bloggers
- Chosen by Alamo for the Top USA blog post
- Chosen by CollegeScholarships.org as one of the 150 travel blogs for Students
- Won Iglu travel awards 2011 for the best travel stories.
National Geographic (best of the blogosphere feature), The Daily Mail, The Travel Channel, Forbes, Yahoo Travel, Business Insider, Lonely Planet, The Huffington Post, Telegraph Travel, TripAdvisor, Wikihow, Epoch Times, Lifehack, Gadling, RightMove Overseas, Glamour Magazine, La Stampa (Italy’s most popular daily newspaper), Ekstrabladet.dk (National Danish Newspaper), Standaard.be, Nieuwsblad.be (Belgium’s national newspaper sites) Vecernji.hr (Croatia’s leading news site), Visir.is (Iceland’s most popular news and entertainment website),Wort.lu (Luxembourg’s largest newspaper) and had articles referenced by Wikipedia.
Brands we’ve worked with on larger campaigns
Google, Pinterest, Lonely Planet, British Airways, Royal Brunei, Queensland Tourist Board, Ferrari, MoneySuperMarket, Three Mobile, Singapore Air, KLM, Expedia, St Vincent and the Grenadines Tourist Board, Travel Supermarket, London City Airport, Discover Hong Kong, SkyScanner, LateRooms.com, Your Singapore, Metropolitan Touring South America, Sabah Tourist Board, Visit Austria, Rickshaw Travel, AirBnB, Swiss Air, Hotel.info, Spanish Tourist Board, Germany Tourist Board, Switzerland Tourist Board, Catalonia Tourist Board, Visit Sweden, Visit Jersey, Exodus Activity and Adventure Holidays, Swedish Lapland Tourist Board, The Gambia Experience, Israel Tourist Board, Sultanate of Oman, Nikon, Leica, Zalando, LowCostHolidays, Discover Ireland, Atout France, Discover Greece, Vibe Israel, Railbookers, Media Ark, Latvia Tourist Board, Live Riga, Visit Zurich, Premier Cottages, Autographer, Jet2 holidays, Barcelo hotels, Visit Oostende, Faville Tours, FPP Travel, Turismo Torino, Eating Italy, MyFerryLink, Eurail, Walks of Italy and Eating London.
Please contact Becky for more detailed information and campaign examples.