GlobalGrasshopper is a global magazine and resource for independent travellers run by the UK-based duo Becky and Gray. We’re also joined by a team of self-confessed travel snobs and together we’re on a mission to discover the world’s most underrated and beautiful places. We feature photography, guides and travel inspiration with a slightly off-beat outlook.
What we like
- The Leica V Lux camera
- Seeking out the world’s beautiful places
- Unusually designed hotels
- Road trips
- Off the beaten track destinations
What we don’t
- ‘Brits abroad‘ package holidays
- The usual tourist haunts
The cold hard stats…
- We get an average of 4,000 page views a day
- We’re a Google Page Rank 5
- In 2012 we averaged 375,000 page views a month and 125,000 unique visitors a month
- An Alexa Traffic Rank of under 150,000
- A Compete Rank of under 170,000
- We are currently ranked 7th of all travel blogs in the world on the industry respected Invesp list.
- Ranked as a Top 10 UK Travel Blog on the industry respected Cision Social Media Index
- Ranked as No.7 of all Blogs in the UK on the high ranking Ninja Outreach site.
- A Klout Score of 68.
- Over 14,200 Twitter followers.
- Over 7,300 Facebook likes.
- Over 3,000 regular readers through our RSS feed.
- Nearly 2,000 Instagram followers.
- In nearly 2,000 Google Plus circles.
- Over 3,100 Pinterest followers.
- Members of the digital travel media group Captivate.
- Members of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association.
- Our website over six years old.
- We have global traffic mainly from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Europe and Asia.
- We rank at the top of Google for hundreds of important travel related keywords.
- We gain huge amounts of traffic through StumbleUpon and several of our posts have been viewed over a million times.
- We were part of a small team of influential travel bloggers who worked with both Sabah Tourist Board and Royal Brunei Airlines on an iAmbassador campaign which achieved a very impressive return on investment as well as winning a Travel Media Award and a nomination for a Shorty Award. As a direct result of the campaign we collectively increased Royal Brunei’s
Awards, nominations and accolades
- We were part of the team who produced the Love Sabah campaign which won the award for the “Travel Media Innovative Campaign and Content of the Year” at the prestigious Travel Media Awards 2015.
- The Love Sabah campaign was also nominated in the Travel Marketing News 2016 and the Shorty Media Awards 2016.
- Listed on 121 Travel Blogs worth reading on Yahoo voices
- Named as one of the Top 15 UK travel blogs to watch out for in 2015 by Yahoo Style
- Ranked as one of the Top 18 travel blogs you must read by Wanderlust magazine
- Won the travel blog category in the Achica Living Blog Awards 2012
- Nominated for Travel Blogger of the Year Award 2015
- Nominated for the LowCostHolidays Blog Awards 2014
- Nominated for best photo blog in SkyScanner’s travel blogscars 2013.
- Nominated for best piece of photojournalism in the Caribbean Travel Journalism Awards 2013
- TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Adventure Travel Bloggers to follow in 2015
- TripAdvisor’s Home Rentals Top Outdoor Travel Bloggers to follow in 2015
- One of Trip Advisor’s featured blogger in their travel must have article.
- Queensland Tourist Board’s Travel Blogs to follow in 2016
- Wanderu’s Summer Bookmarks Travel Blog Award Winner 2015
- One of the Flight Case Company’s Top 20 Hottest Travel Blogs of 2015
- Asked to speak at Traverse Blogger’s Event 2014.
- Mentioned as one of the 10 must-read travel bloggers of 2013 by HomeAway
- Listed as Trip Advisor’s Holiday Lettings Top 20 Urban Travel Bloggers 2014.
- Asked to judge a successful and high profile LowCostHolidays travel blogging competition.
- Nominated for Photography in the HostelBookers Travel Blogger Awards Ceremony 2012
- Featured in the British Airways HighLife magazine in their Ultimate year-round travel guide.
- Published in the Exodus 40th Anniversary Magazine.
- Published in the Epoch Times.
- Asked to write hotel reviews for the Laterooms.com successful 52 Sleeps book which was also published by Lonely Planet and distributed to all their readers.
- Approached to feature in Zalando’s Travel section.
- Approached to work with prestigious production company Media Ark to develop a video campaign for a US Tourist Board.
- Asked to judge a popular Netflights travel photographic competition.
- Interviewed in the ‘Big Blogger Interview’ section on My Destination.
- Asked our opinion on Brexit for GoCompare.com
- Chosen as one of the Top 10 Travel Bloggers by Hotels4u.com
- Mentioned as one of the Top 15 Sexy Travel Writers & Bloggers *blush*
- Voted by readers of GotSaga.com as Europe’s 3rd best travel blog
- Ranked 5th best blog with travel tips also by GotSaga
- Invited to interview BBC travel presenter and best selling author Simon Reeve.
- One of WebUpon’s 15 Useful and Awesome websites that will improve your life
- Were LowCostHolidays Travel Bloggers of the Month
- Mentioned by Travelsupermarket.com as a Useful and Informative Travel Resource
- Selected by TravelInsurance.org as one of the 51 Fantastic European Travel Blogs
- Named as TVtrip’s favourite Travel Bloggers
- Listed as one of the 6 best travel blogs by Classic Collection Holidays
- Made Tourism Link’s Top 10 Travel Blogs
- Interviewed by Income Society
- Interviewed by Hotelscheap.org
- Featured on HostelBookers 69 Travel Blogging Tips from the Top Travel Bloggers
- Chosen by Alamo for the Top USA blog post
- Chosen by CollegeScholarships.org as one of the 150 travel blogs for Students
- Won Iglu travel awards 2011 for the best travel stories.
National Geographic, The Travel Channel, Yahoo Travel, Lonely Planet, The Huffington Post, TripAdvisor, Telegraph Travel, Epoch Times, Gadling, RightMove Overseas, Glamour Magazine, La Stampa (Italy’s most popular daily newspaper), Standaard.be, Nieuwsblad.be (Belgium’s national newspaper sites), Ekstrabladet.dk (National Danish Newspaper), Vecernji.hr (Croatia’s leading news site), Visir.is (Iceland’s most popular news and entertainment website),Wort.lu (Luxembourg’s largest newspaper) and had articles referenced by Wikipedia.
Brands we’ve worked with on campaigns
Google, Pinterest, Lonely Planet,British Airways, Queensland Tourist Board, Ferrari, Singapore Air, Royal Brunei, St Vincent and the Grenadines Tourist Board, London City Airport, Discover Hong Kong, SkyScanner, Your Singapore, Metropolitan Touring South America, Sabah Tourist Board, Rickshaw Travel, AirBnB, Swiss Air, Hotel.info, Germany Tourist Board, Switzerland Tourist Board, Catalonia Tourist Board, Visit Sweden, Exodus Activity and Adventure Holidays, LateRooms.com, Swedish Lapland Tourist Board, The Gambia Experience, Sultanate of Oman, Nikon, Leica, Naked Bus New Zealand, Zalando, LowCostHolidays Discover Ireland, Atout France, Discover Greece, Railbookers, Media Ark, Latvia Tourist Board, Live Riga, Visit Zurich, Premier Cottages, Autographer, Stena line, Jet2 holidays, Mark Warner Holidays, Barcelo hotels, Club Med Premium Marrakech, Visit Oostende, Faville Tours, FPP Travel, Turismo Torino, Eating Italy, MyFerryLink, Eurail.
We work with advertisers and can offer a variety of very competitively priced advertising packages. Please head over to our Advertise/Press for more information.
Gray has over nineteen years of graphic and web design experience and also runs Design Grasshopper.
Meet the GlobalGrasshopper team
Not sure where to start? Here’s some of our favourite posts..
- Top 10 cool and unusual hotels in London
- Top 10 cool and unusual hotels in Berlin
- Top 10 cool and unusual hotels in New York
- 10 of the best boutique hotels in Brighton
- Top 10 cool and unusual hotels in Amsterdam
- Top 10 cool and unusual hotels in Tokyo
- 10 of the most beautiful places to visit in France
- 10 of the most beautiful places to visit in Austria
- 10 of the most beautiful places to visit in Germany
- 10 of the most beautiful places to visit in the UK