Welcome to our travel blog and resource for independently minded global travellers.
GlobalGrasshopper is run by UK based travel obsessed husband and wife team Gray and Becky. Gray is a professional graphic and web designer and travel photographer and Becky likes to write (and take a couple of photos now and then). We are helped by a happy bunch of explorers, travel writers and photographers handily located all over the world.
What we like
What we don’t
• ‘Brits abroad‘ package holidays
• Tourist haunts
• English pubs abroad
• All day breakfast cafes
The cold hard stats…
- We get an average of 5000 – 7000 page views a day
- In 2012 we averaged 375,000 page views a month and 125,000 unique visitors a month
- An Alexa Traffic Rank of under 85,000
- A Compete Rank of under 250,000
- Google Page Rank 4
- We are currently ranked 9th of all travel blogs in the world on the industry respected Invesp list.
- Ranked No.1 in the Travel section of Blog Top List.
- Ranked No. 1 of Travel Blogs in the Top Blog Area Directory.
- A Klout Score of 68.
- Nearly 6,000 Twitter followers.
- Over 3,400 Facebook likes.
- Over 700 Instagram followers.
- We’re members of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association.
- Our website is over three years old.
- We have global traffic mainly from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe and Asia.
- We gain huge amounts of traffic through StumbleUpon and several of our posts have been viewed over a million times.
We’re listed on the following websites:
- Listed on 121 Travel Blogs worth reading on Yahoo voices
- Ranked as one of the Top 18 travel blogs you must read by Wanderlust magazine
- Won the travel blog category in the Achica Living Blog Awards 2012
- Nominated for best photo blog in SkyScanner’s travel blogscars 2013.
- Mentioned as one of the 10 must-read travel bloggers of 2013 by HomeAway
- Asked to judge a successful and high profile LowCostHolidays travel blogging competition.
- Nominated for Photography in the HostelBookers Travel Blogger Awards Ceremony 2012
- Interviewed in the ‘Big Blogger Interview’ section on My Destination.
- Chosen as one of the Top 10 Travel Bloggers by Hotels4u.com
- Mentioned as one of the Top 15 Sexy Travel Writers & Bloggers *blush*
- Voted by readers of GotSaga.com as Europe’s 3rd best travel blog
- Ranked 5th best blog with travel tips also by GotSaga
- Invited to interview BBC travel presenter and best selling author Simon Reeve.
- One of WebUpon’s 15 Useful and Awesome websites that will improve your life
- Were LowCostHolidays Travel Bloggers of the Month
- Mentioned by Travelsupermarket.com as a Useful and Informative Travel Resource
- Selected by TravelInsurance.org as one of the 51 Fantastic European Travel Blogs
- Named as TVtrip’s favourite Travel Bloggers
- Featured on HostelBookers 69 Travel Blogging Tips from the Top Travel Bloggers
- Chosen by CollegeScholarships.org as one of the 150 travel blogs for Students
- Won Iglu travel awards 2011 for the best travel stories.
The website has also had mentions by National Geographic, The Travel Channel, Yahoo Travel, Lonely Planet, The Huffington Post, Telegraph Travel, Gadling, RightMove Overseas, Glamour Magazine, La Stampa (Italy’s most popular daily newspaper), Standaard.be, Nieuwsblad.be (Belgium’s national newspaper sites) Vecernji.hr (Croatia’s leading news site), Visir.is (Iceland’s most popular news and entertainment website),Wort.lu (Luxembourg’s largest newspaper) and had articles referenced by Wikipedia.
We have also worked on Press Trips with St. Vincent and The Grenadines tourist board, SkyScanner, AirBnB, Hotel.info, Switzerland Tourism and Swiss Air, Exodus Activity and Adventure Holidays, Latvian Tourism Board, Live Riga, Air New Zealand, Jet2 holidays, Mark Warner Holidays, Barcelo hotels, Club Med Premium Marrakech, Faville Tours, FPP Travel, Turismo Torino, Roomorama, Argus Car Hire and a number of independent hotels. We are soon to be working with Eurail, Hostelbookers, European Union Delegation to Bosnia and Herzegovina and various hotels.
We work with advertisers and can offer a variety of very competitively priced advertising packages. Please head over to our Advertise/Press for more information.
Gray has over seventeen years of graphic and web design experience and aside from designing this website he also runs the successful Design Grasshopper.
Meet the GlobalGrasshopper team
GlobalGrasshopper illustration by the great bobbinrobin