With roots in Bavaria, a home in England and a heart in Scandinavia I’ve always been a restless soul. My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up over 35 countries on trips and living in both Dublin and Australia. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, easy-on-the-eye travel destinations away from the crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Scandi Noirs. When not travelling, you’ll find me walking my rescue dog in leafy South West London, wandering the Brighton Laines on random day trips, hunting around for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about returning to my all time favourite places in the world – Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Iceland, Thailand and the frozen landscapes of a wintry Iceland.
Beth was born under a wandering star, with drama in her veins and ink in her pen. After stints studying theatre in Dublin and Utrecht she used her creative streak to see as much of the world as she could on as little money. She toured Italian Schools with a children’s theatre troop, lived as an au-pair in both Rome and Washington DC, explored the British countryside, worked her way through much of Europe, Salsa’d in Cuba and road tripped down America’s west coast where she discovered her spiritual home; Portland, Oregon. In between adventures she resides peacefully with her cat and ukulele amid the misty valleys and rolling hills of beautiful South Wales.
Scott started his travelling life back in 1999, when he headed off on a solo jaunt to South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia with just a backpack, a camera and a spirit for adventure. After that, the travel bug bit hard and now he is always seeking to head off somewhere new. Over the years he has lived in Italy, Qatar, Ireland and the UK but his spiritual home will always be Rome as this is the city which most satisfies his unrelenting craving for culture, good food and football. Scott loves nothing better than to be behind the camera and has also just started his own blog called Bars and Spas. As well as Rome he also counts Melbourne and Tel Aviv among his favourite places and now permanently resides in Dublin. Follow him on Twitter at @scottbalaam.
Lee mostly spent his formative years as a junior Spielberg wannabe, devouring movies in front of a cinema screen, but then a “year out” after graduating turned into a not-too-shabby six years of working, travelling and volunteering across the globe and thus a change of career beckoned. Attempting to satisfy his curiosity and passion for discovery both at home and abroad, he became a concierge at a top London hotel and a member of the prestigious Les Clefs d’Or, whilst still finding time to visit over 60 countries. Although UK based, through travelling he’s cannily found a way to combine all his passions – seeking out film locations, off-the-beaten track adventures and wildlife encounters with orangutans, whale sharks, gorillas and polar bears all while wearing an eternal smile on his face. He counts New Zealand, Tanzania, Denmark and Borneo among his favourite travel destinations.
Holly’s passion for adventure was first inflamed during a family holiday to Africa at the tender age of seven. With a taste for the exotic, the off-beat and the far flung, her feet have stayed consistently twitchy and a studying for a degree in Japanese and art history only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor. UK based Holly likes nothing better than unravelling new destinations through the people, the cuisine and the local stories, and a story teller herself, her other indulgences include spoken word poetry, playing the cello, photography and seeking out curios. Counting Japan, Paris, Barcelona and off-the-beaten track family adventures as her favourite travel destinations she’s also a regular columnist for The Green Parent Magazine, an author for Green Books and runs the website Natural Mumma.
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Al has always been a sucker for an adventure. As a kid he was lucky enough to be taken along on exotic far flung family jaunts and since then he’s developed a taste for new cultures. From the sizzling street markets of Bangkok to the alligator infested waters of the Florida Everglades, he loves to be fully immersed in his surroundings, soaking up the sights, sounds and smells of every new destination he visits. Travelling and writing aside, he has spent many years working in the fine wine trade and certainly knows his clarets from his chiantis. He also has a special fondness for craft beer and all things artisan as well as his favourite destinations; Jamaica, Austria, Netherlands, Thailand and Mauritius.
With itchy feet, an inquisitive nature and an ardent wanderlust, Emma Clair has always been a traveller at heart. Hailing from the Emerald Isle she calls a tiny coastal town near Dublin home, but has lived in a few countries including Saigon, Vietnam where she resided for over a year. She counts supping on Bloody Marys on a rooftop in Manhattan, downing Singapore slings at the Raffles Hotel, daring a paraglide on the Grand Cayman, spending an exotic Christmas in Malaysia and exploring the Angkor Wat Tomb Raider-style as her all time favourite travel moments. Although, she’ll always have a special place in her for the city where she makes her annual pilgrimages – Paris, her true city of lights.
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website www.Nunncreative.com
What people say about us..
“Our client was extremely happy with the work that Becky and her team did for the project, so much so that the video has been shared throughout the company. The work was original, beautiful and extremely impressive, we’d love to work with Global Grasshoppers again in the future.” (Dana Leigh Account Executive at Kaper PR talking about the work produced for her client Vauxhall)
“Becky and her team videographer Gary were an absolute pleasure to work with. Having worked with many bloggers whilst being in PR, Becky definitely stands out as one of the most professional and easy to work with. A breath of fresh air. Our client was delighted with her review, which I will add went above and beyond. Breathtaking video, images and a thorough write-up. I hope to work with Global Grasshopper again in the future – a total pleasure” Georgiana Oddy (Account Executive at Manc Frank)
“Becky and her team are extremely pleasant and professional to work with and the quality of the writing and photography they produce shows they are at the top of their game. They are easily one of the best blogs in travel and always offer excellent ROI” Lynsey Devon (Owner and Founder of Heaven Publicity)
“A true professional, Becky and her team really know how to capture the reader’s imagination with engaging insight into the destination accompanied with beautiful photography. Covering unique angles and producing exceptional social media and articles on campaigns, she is always a pleasure to work with and I cannot recommend her enough!” Emily Wilson (Senior Account Manager at Grifco PR)
“Lee Hubbard from the Global Grasshopper team was one of our 24 international bloggers who worked with us on our Stayokay Utrecht – Centrum launch event campaign. It was a real pleasure to work with Lee, he is a very professional blogger who was able to pinpoint exactly our focus points in both his social media posts and online article. The pictures were perfectly chosen and he delivered an excellent ‘inside story’ of his experience in Utrecht.” Kim Querfurth (PR and communication manager at Stayokay Netherlands)
Download our Media Kit 2017
- We get an average of 132,000 page views a month
- Ranked as No.5 UK Travel Blog on the industry respected Vuelio list.
- A Klout Score of 63.
- Over 25,000 Twitter followers.
- Over 62,000 Facebook likes.
- Over 11,600 Instagram followers.
- Nearly 5,600 Pinterest followers.
- In nearly 2,000 Google Plus circles.
- Over 3,500 regular readers through our RSS feed.
- Members of the digital travel media group Captivate.
- Members of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association.
- Our domain is over eight years old.
- We have global traffic mainly from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Asia.
- We rank at the top of Google for hundreds of important travel related keywords.
- We gain huge amounts of traffic through StumbleUpon and several of our posts have been viewed over a million times.
- We were part of a small team of influential travel bloggers who worked with both Sabah Tourist Board and Royal Brunei Airlines on an iAmbassador campaign which achieved a very impressive return on investment. As a direct result of the campaign we collectively increased Royal Brunei’s profits and dramatically increased (compared to the year before) honeymoon package sales in Sabah, Borneo.
- We have continuous and impressive above average sales conversions on our site for our affiliate partners. We even rank as one of the highest earning affiliate partners in the UK for HotelsCombined.
Awards, nominations and accolades
- We were part of the team who produced the Love Sabah campaign which won the award for the “Travel Media Innovative Campaign and Content of the Year” at the prestigious Travel Media Awards 2015.
- The Love Sabah campaign was also nominated in the Travel Marketing News 2016 and the Shorty Media Awards 2016.
- Listed on 121 Travel Blogs worth reading on Yahoo voices
- Named as one of the Top 15 UK travel blogs to watch out for in 2015 by Yahoo Style
- Ranked as one of the Top 18 travel blogs you must read by Wanderlust magazine
- Mentioned as the 5 lifestyle blogs to follow in 2017 by Lifehack
- Won the travel blog category in the Achica Living Blog Awards 2012
- Nominated for Travel Blogger of the Year Award 2015
- Nominated for Best UK Travel Blog for the Cheapflights Awards 2017
- Nominated for the LowCostHolidays Blog Awards 2014
- Nominated for best photo blog in SkyScanner’s travel blogscars 2013.
- Nominated for best piece of photojournalism in the Caribbean Travel Journalism Awards 2013
- TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Adventure Travel Bloggers to follow in 2015
- Asher Fergusson’s Top 100 Travel Blogs in 2017
- TripAdvisor’s Home Rentals Top Outdoor Travel Bloggers to follow in 2015
- One of Trip Advisor’s featured blogger in their travel must have article.
- Queensland Tourist Board’s Travel Blogs to follow in 2016
- Wanderu’s Summer Bookmarks Travel Blog Award Winner 2015
- One of the Flight Case Company’s Top 20 Hottest Travel Blogs of 2015
- Asked to speak at Traverse Blogger’s Event 2014.
- Mentioned as one of the 10 must-read travel bloggers of 2013 by HomeAway
- Listed as Trip Advisor’s Holiday Lettings Top 20 Urban Travel Bloggers 2014.
- Asked to judge a successful and high profile LowCostHolidays travel blogging competition.
- Nominated for Photography in the HostelBookers Travel Blogger Awards Ceremony 2012
- Featured in the British Airways HighLife magazine in their Ultimate year-round travel guide.
- Published in the Exodus 40th Anniversary Magazine.
- Published in the Epoch Times.
- Asked to write hotel reviews for the Laterooms.com successful 52 Sleeps book which was also published by Lonely Planet and distributed to all their readers.
- Approached to feature in Zalando’s Travel section.
- Approached to work with prestigious production company Media Ark to develop a video campaign for a US Tourist Board.
- Asked to judge a popular Netflights travel photographic competition.
- Interviewed in the ‘Big Blogger Interview’ section on My Destination.
- Asked our opinion on Brexit for GoCompare.com
- Chosen as one of the Top 10 Travel Bloggers by Hotels4u.com
- Mentioned as one of the Top 15 Sexy Travel Writers & Bloggers *blush*
- Voted by readers of GotSaga.com as Europe’s 3rd best travel blog
- Ranked 5th best blog with travel tips also by GotSaga
- Invited to interview BBC travel presenter and best selling author Simon Reeve.
- One of WebUpon’s 15 Useful and Awesome websites that will improve your life
- Were LowCostHolidays Travel Bloggers of the Month
- Mentioned by Travelsupermarket.com as a Useful and Informative Travel Resource
- Selected by TravelInsurance.org as one of the 51 Fantastic European Travel Blogs
- Named as TVtrip’s favourite Travel Bloggers
- Listed as one of the 6 best travel blogs by Classic Collection Holidays
- Made Tourism Link’s Top 10 Travel Blogs
- Interviewed by Income Society
- Interviewed by Hotelscheap.org
- Featured on HostelBookers 69 Travel Blogging Tips from the Top Travel Bloggers
- Chosen by Alamo for the Top USA blog post
- Chosen by CollegeScholarships.org as one of the 150 travel blogs for Students
- Won Iglu travel awards 2011 for the best travel stories.
National Geographic (best of the blogosphere feature), The Daily Mail, The Travel Channel, Forbes, Yahoo Travel, Business Insider, Lonely Planet, The Huffington Post, Telegraph Travel, TripAdvisor, Epoch Times, Lifehack, Gadling, RightMove Overseas, Glamour Magazine, La Stampa (Italy’s most popular daily newspaper), Ekstrabladet.dk (National Danish Newspaper), Standaard.be, Nieuwsblad.be (Belgium’s national newspaper sites) Vecernji.hr (Croatia’s leading news site), Visir.is (Iceland’s most popular news and entertainment website),Wort.lu (Luxembourg’s largest newspaper) and had articles referenced by Wikipedia.
Brands we’ve worked with on larger campaigns
Google, Pinterest, Lonely Planet, British Airways, Queensland Tourist Board, Ferrari, Singapore Air, Royal Brunei, St Vincent and the Grenadines Tourist Board, Moneysupermarket, London City Airport, Discover Hong Kong, SkyScanner, Your Singapore, Metropolitan Touring South America, Sabah Tourist Board, Rickshaw Travel, AirBnB, Swiss Air, Hotel.info, Germany Tourist Board, Switzerland Tourist Board, Catalonia Tourist Board, Visit Sweden, Exodus Activity and Adventure Holidays, LateRooms.com, Swedish Lapland Tourist Board, The Gambia Experience, Sultanate of Oman, Nikon, Leica, Naked Bus New Zealand, Zalando, LowCostHolidays, Discover Ireland, Atout France, Discover Greece, Railbookers, Media Ark, Latvia Tourist Board, Live Riga, Visit Zurich, Premier Cottages, Autographer, Stena line, Jet2 holidays, Barcelo hotels, Visit Oostende, Faville Tours, FPP Travel, Turismo Torino, Eating Italy, MyFerryLink, Eurail.
Bloggers have an increasing influence and offer excellent ROI. We can help to promote your brand in a variety of creative and innovative ways and offer very competitively priced advertising packages. Please head over to our Advertise/Press page for more information.