Welcome to our travel blog and resource for independently minded global travellers run by UK based team Becky and Gray. We are also joined by a happy bunch of bloggers based all over the world.
What we like
- The Fuji X100 camera
- Unusually designed hotels
- Road trips
- Seeking out the world’s beautiful places
- Our very cute Greek rescue dog Rosa
- Scandinavian crime dramas
What we don’t
- ‘Brits abroad‘ package holidays
- Tourist haunts
- English pubs abroad
The cold hard stats…
- We get an average of 6,600 page views a day
- We’re a Google Page Rank 5
- In 2012 we averaged 375,000 page views a month and 125,000 unique visitors a month
- An Alexa Traffic Rank of under 65,000
- A Compete Rank of under 170,000
- We are currently ranked 11th of all travel blogs in the world on the industry respected Invesp list.
- Ranked No.1 in the Travel section of Blog Top List.
- Ranked No. 1 of Travel Blogs in the Top Blog Area Directory.
- A Klout Score of 68.
- Nearly 8,100 Twitter followers.
- Over 5,600 Facebook likes.
- Over 3,000 regular readers through our RSS feed.
- Nearly 1,000 Instagram followers.
- In nearly 950 Google Plus circles
- We’re members of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association.
- Our website is over four years old.
- We have global traffic mainly from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe and Asia.
- We rank at the top of Google for hundreds of important travel related keywords.
- We gain huge amounts of traffic through StumbleUpon and several of our posts have been viewed over a million times.
We’re listed on the following websites:
- Listed on 121 Travel Blogs worth reading on Yahoo voices
- Ranked as one of the Top 18 travel blogs you must read by Wanderlust magazine
- Won the travel blog category in the Achica Living Blog Awards 2012
- Nominated for the LowCostHolidays Blog Awards 2014
- Nominated for best photo blog in SkyScanner’s travel blogscars 2013.
- Nominated for best piece of photojournalism in the Caribbean Travel Journalism Awards 2013
- Ranked as a Top 10 UK Travel Blog on the respected Cision Social Media Index
- Asked to speak at Traverse Blogger’s Event 2014.
- Mentioned as one of the 10 must-read travel bloggers of 2013 by HomeAway
- Asked to judge a successful and high profile LowCostHolidays travel blogging competition.
- Nominated for Photography in the HostelBookers Travel Blogger Awards Ceremony 2012
- Featured in the British Airways HighLife magazine in their Ultimate year-round travel guide.
- Published in the Exodus 40th Anniversary Magazine.
- Asked to write hotel reviews for the Laterooms.com successful 52 Sleeps book which was also published by Lonely Planet and distributed to all their readers.
- Approached to work with prestigious production company Media Ark to develop a video campaign for a US Tourist Board.
- Asked to judge a popular Netflights travel photographic competition.
- Interviewed in the ‘Big Blogger Interview’ section on My Destination.
- Chosen as one of the Top 10 Travel Bloggers by Hotels4u.com
- Mentioned as one of the Top 15 Sexy Travel Writers & Bloggers *blush*
- Voted by readers of GotSaga.com as Europe’s 3rd best travel blog
- Ranked 5th best blog with travel tips also by GotSaga
- Invited to interview BBC travel presenter and best selling author Simon Reeve.
- One of WebUpon’s 15 Useful and Awesome websites that will improve your life
- Were LowCostHolidays Travel Bloggers of the Month
- Mentioned by Travelsupermarket.com as a Useful and Informative Travel Resource
- Selected by TravelInsurance.org as one of the 51 Fantastic European Travel Blogs
- Named as TVtrip’s favourite Travel Bloggers
- Listed as one of the 6 best travel blogs by Classic Collection Holidays
- Made Tourism Link’s Top 10 Travel Blogs
- Interviewed by Income Society
- Interviewed by Hotelscheap.org
- Featured on HostelBookers 69 Travel Blogging Tips from the Top Travel Bloggers
- Chosen by Alamo for the Top USA blog post
- Chosen by CollegeScholarships.org as one of the 150 travel blogs for Students
- Won Iglu travel awards 2011 for the best travel stories.
The website has also had mentions by National Geographic, The Travel Channel, Yahoo Travel, Lonely Planet, The Huffington Post, Telegraph Travel, TripAdvisor, Gadling, RightMove Overseas, Glamour Magazine, La Stampa (Italy’s most popular daily newspaper), Standaard.be, Nieuwsblad.be (Belgium’s national newspaper sites), Ekstrabladet.dk (National Danish Newspaper), Vecernji.hr (Croatia’s leading news site), Visir.is (Iceland’s most popular news and entertainment website),Wort.lu (Luxembourg’s largest newspaper) and had articles referenced by Wikipedia.
We have also worked on Press Trips with St. Vincent and The Grenadines tourist board, SkyScanner, AirBnB, Hotel.info, Visit Sweden, Switzerland Tourism, Swiss Air, Exodus Activity and Adventure Holidays, France Tourist Board, Blogtrip Catalonia 2013, Discover Ireland, Latvian Tourism Board, Live Riga, Air New Zealand, Stena line, Jet2 holidays, Mark Warner Holidays, Barcelo hotels, Club Med Premium Marrakech, Visit Oostende, Faville Tours, FPP Travel, Turismo Torino, Roomorama, Eating Italy, MyFerryLink, Argus Car Hire and a number of independent hotels. We will soon be working with Eurail, British Airways, Laterooms.com and #blogGambia
We work with advertisers and can offer a variety of very competitively priced advertising packages. Please head over to our Advertise/Press for more information.
Gray has over eighteen years of graphic and web design experience and also runs Design Grasshopper.
Meet the GlobalGrasshopper team
GlobalGrasshopper illustration by the great bobbinrobin